Three-year-old birthday parties are SO MUCH FUN! When your child is approaching three, their development has gotten to a point in which they are able to have full conversations and ponder the new things that they learn each day. "Why?" just might be the primary conversation starter in your home!
Part of the joy of this age is their ability to make decisions and articulate their favorite things! You can lay out a few pictures and ask things like, "Do you want a Paw Patrol party or Ninjago? Pictures help so they can actually see there will be party plates, balloons, cups or even pinatas with their favorite characters on them! It's a fun time, and although they are more mature, they are STILL REALLY YOUNG. Keeping behavioral expectations in check for a big day is a good idea. It's a good idea to set aside a room in your home for potential meltdowns. It will reduce the pressure on parents and kids as they calm down.
Here are a few ideas:
- You can have singing at this age! They will know simple things like "Wheels on the Bus" or other tunes. If your child is in school or daycare with other guests, you can ask the teacher about which tunes are popular!
- Simple, short games with movement and prizes. Physical activity is KEY.
- An experienced entertainer with a 15-30 minute show for THIS age group. This age LOVES puppets!
- Still avoid opening gifts in front of guests at this age. Thank you notes are best!
- Make the cake the last part of the party so that little ones aren't walking around with cake and trying to play games. Cupcakes work well for little hands and less mess!
- At this age, keeping the celebration short is still a good idea! 2 hours maximum!
We have several performers that celebrate this age! Circus Smirkus focuses on this age group and three-year-olds LOVE learning about circus animals! Shake and Move gets this age up and MOVING with fun and music! There are more! You can browse here or feel free to give us a call at 214-886-4243! We look forward to connecting with you!