Do you have a little one turning 7? It's a great year to celebrate!
This year, don't be surprised if your 7-year old asks for an "all-girl or all-boy" party. Seven is a natural age for kids to start to separate, and this is normal. If this does happen, just make sure that invitations aren't passed out at school in front of other children to avoid hurt feelings. Your child might pick a few friends to have fun with or want a large party. Either way, your seven-year-old has had enough party experience to "know the drill"! They will have opinions about what theme their party will surround and what kind of activities they want at the party. It's a great time to emphasize making choices and allow your child to make decisions based on budget and time. Based on the best seven-year-old celebrations we have seen, here are some tips:
1. Keep the party at about two or two and a half hours.
2. You can incorporate more sophisticated games, now! Scavenger hunts are a fun game for this age!
3. Games can be more competitive, too, as kids have learned more socialization.
4. Entertainers are enjoyed by this age. Ask your child what they would prefer. Do they like twisted balloons? Face painting? A science show? What would they like to have? At this point, they have been to enough parties to choose!
5. Let your seven-year-old be involved in every part of the process! They will enjoy making choices based on your theme and budget.
Your seven-year-old will be a joy to plan for! Let us know how we can help! If you have any questions about entertainment or shows, feel free to call us(214-886-4243)! We would love to talk with you!