To Party or Not to Party
Truthfully, many parents wonder if a big 1st birthday celebration is worth the trouble and expense. I mean, will your child even remember the day? A one-year-old birthday party is the same as any other birthday party, though. It is a celebration! Who wouldn't want to celebrate their child's first year of life? Perhaps you are a new parent and celebrating your first year of parenthood! Even for parents welcoming a second or third...or seventh child, the first year is a marker in your child's life and development. In some cultures, the 1st birthday celebration is an essential celebration.
We're Having a Party. Now What?
We have a few suggestions for the first year that might be helpful. These suggestions will all vary with the size of your party and the ages of your guests.
- Invite family, close friends and perhaps nursery buddies from day care or church.
- Have a few age-appropriate activities or entertainment sources for the older kids/adults.
- Keep it short. Two hours is a good time limit. Many people have longer celebrations if family is there to help when your little one gets tired or fussy. This takes a little pressure off of the host - and allows them to continue to talk to guests.
- Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles! (Never underestimate the power of bubbles!)
- Try to make sure the venue is as baby-proof as possible.
- Make sure you are ready for their cake-eating moment!
So, should you have a celebration for your 1-year-old? Sure! We entered the entertainment business because shared experiences among family and friends are priceless. Memories last far past the birthday celebration!
If you are planning a party for your one-year-old, feel free to give us a call! We will have a few suggestions to line up with your guest list and if you have a moment, check out our BUBBLE SHOW!