In the midst of the creativity, though, we have also seen a few practical ideas that might assist you with a third birthday party. Here are some ideas you might be able to utilize!
Get your 3-year-old involved!
This age is the perfect time to ask your child what they would want at their party. Do they like Elmo? Paw Patrol? Ningago? What is their favorite toy? Do they have a favorite animal? Collect pictures to show them what their party could look like with a few themes that they would like. (For instance - unicorn theme ideas in the photo below.) It gives them a visual reference for what a theme could have and they are able to participate in the planning. :)
Once your little one is involved and happy with the theme idea, you can start planning the details!
- Plan just one or two games that are physical and short! (If you plan games)
- Singing and music are perfect for this age. If the guests attend the same preschool you can ask the teacher what their song favorites are!
- Set aside a melt-down room for parents and kids. Three-year-olds are still little ones! A separate room for melt-downs gives little ones space to calm and parents time to calm them.
- It's a good idea to open gifts after the party in order to keep the "sharing" issue out of the festivities! Just make sure you know who the gifts are from!
- Serving cake at the end is a great way to have the party slow down. You can serve cake, hand out goody bags and then clean up! (It also keeps crumbs from being spread over the duration of the party! ;) )
We have a couple of shows that are HITS with this age group! Shake and Move is a great show with music and movement. It is just the right length for this age and the kids are up and MOVING! Circus Smirkus is also a fun party show. Little ones are also involved with this show, too! They learn all about the circus and the animals in the circus! We have many shows and entertainment options for your 3-year-old! Feel free to call us at 214-886-4243 for help and suggestions with your entertainment! We look forward to connecting with you!